Contributed to the Polished Portfolios testing call to become more familiar with Full-site editing in Gutenberg.
Taking a look at the current state of Gutenberg development with a focus on full-site editing.
While reviewing the Site Reset Local Addon, I found that there were issues in the WPCLI db-command. I feel like I have a general idea of what needs fixing, but navigating the path towards upstream contribution can be overwhelming. So after bringing it up with my manager, I have the green light to take some time during the … Continued
I’ve been working with lots of zip files lately – site backups mostly. Often times this is because of some error message referring to a file contained within the archive. When the zip is quite large, having to extract gigabytes of information just to view the contents of one file is annoying. Because of this … Continued
While trying to get a clearer view of a line of text with 5 million characters in it, I ran into some nuances in Vim’s search and replace. The main issue was that replaceing the search string with a newline character – \n wasn’t visually creating a new line in the Vim buffer. I found … Continued
A few months ago I started to use Spacemacs and org-mode to organize my writing and tasks. Being a Vim user has meant that I haven’t gone all it, but almost.
I had a great time last weekend at WordCamp PDX 2017 presenting an overview of Trellis and Bedrock – two Roots.io projects. Here are some notes and follow-up information.
While I was setting up logrotate on a server, I needed to traverse a large user directory to find all of the log files, ideally sorted by their size, excluding the mail directory. This is how I built up the command.
I’ve started using a neat Bash trick for inserting time stamps into file names — insert a timestamp using command substitution (posix specification): Yes, this is a pain to type out — the first time. But going to the effort of writing this out allows us to quickly recall a command which gives us a filename … Continued
Clearing the PageSpeed cache wasn’t working when logging in as root and ‘touching’ the config file, so I enabled admin access through the browser.